Smoked Salmon Slices
Servings: 8-12 (as hors d'oeuvres)
- 6 slices pumpernickel bread
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. horseradish
- Sea salt and white pepper, to season
- 4 oz. smoked slamon
- 1 lemon, halved
- Microgreens, to garnish
- Olive Oil, to drizzle
- Cracked black pepper
- 1. Cut bread into 2 slices (depending on size of bread, yields approximately 18 pieces.)
- 2. In a small bowl beat together cream cheese and horseradish until well-mixed. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3. Arrange bread on a platter. Place heaping spoonful of cream cheese mixture* on each slice and spread over the bread. Tear salmon into small pieces; place one piece on top of each schmear of cream cheese.
- 4. Squeeze lemon over salmon and sprinkle with microgreens. Drizzle with olive oil and finish with a dusting of cracked black pepper.
- * Note: If there is any cream cheese mixture remaining, wrap and store in the refrigerator for use on toasted bagels.