Prices and availability are subject to change from the time and date that you print this page.
10/14/2015 12:33:15 AM
For Customer Service, please call 800.967.6696
Arch Blue Bed
Arch modernizes classic cottage styling without sacrificing an ounce of charm. A rich painted finish in fresh shade of blue calls attention to the bed's sweeping curves and cutaway detail, giving this relaxed collection refined appeal.
Designed by Blake Tovin, the airiness of this platform bed is enhanced by its open, cutaway headboard.
- Designed by Blake Tovin of Tovin Design
- Solid poplar, engineered wood and plywood
- Blue lacquer finish over white sealer
- Naturally expands and contracts with changes in humidity.
- 16 slats with 3 center support legs
- Platform bed designed for use with mattress only
- Mattresses and optional bunky board available (sold separately)
- Made in Vietnam
The desire to make and create has been engrained in Blake Tovin for as long as he can remember. “There was always a mysterious sense of satisfaction and enjoyment that came with making things, and as a kid, I was naturally attracted to that,” Tovin says. “As I grew older, I came to realize that creating things was an essential part of life for me.”
After graduating from the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, Tovin began producing handcrafted furniture and accessories for clients and galleries before broadening his reach to the international retail world of home design. He realized his own vision in 1992 when he founded Tovin Design Limited. His studio in Nyack, New York—a renovated warehouse that houses his design studio, prototype shop and gallery space—sits on the Hudson River just 20 miles north of Manhattan.
Throughout his career, Tovin has seen his work evolve, yet his approach has remained the same from the start: “I always try and reduce a design down to its essential elements, avoid ornament, concentrate on proportion and focus on materials and finishes to create products that are understated and comfortable to live with.”
Favoring the simplicity of wood, Tovin finds inspiration for his designs in visually interesting objects as profound as a great architectural detail or as mundane as a fence post. “The result is the same,” he says, “a sense of excitement about an idea that sends you to the drawing board to explore the possibilities.”
Here's more to consider.
- Como White Woven Chair Clearance $199.00 reg. $399.00
- Colette Velvet Bench Clearance $499.00 reg. $699.00
- Plum Blossom Artificial Flower Stem Clearance $14.97 reg. $19.95
- Annexe Right Arm Sectional Loveseat Clearance $399.00 reg. $999.00
- Brynlee Rectangular Wall Mirror Clearance $75.00 reg. $149.00
- Lounge Right Arm Sectional Chaise Clearance $839.97 reg. $1,199.00
- Clarus House Box Clearance $29.97 reg. $49.95
- Klyne II Left Arm Sectional Apartment Sofa Clearance $899.00 reg. $1,300.00
- Lounge Sectional Corner Clearance $499.97 reg. $999.00
- Lit Tall Tree Clearance $32.97 reg. $49.95
- Cellular Grid Print Clearance $250.00 reg. $500.00
- Winged Corkscrew Clearance $4.97 reg. $24.95
What you need to know.
We will accept returns and exchanges of non-furniture items if:
- Non-furniture items are returned within 90 days of customer receipt.
- A valid proof of purchase is provided (see below).
- Non-furniture items are returned in good condition—unused and unwashed.
If you discover an item has a manufacturer’s defect or was damaged during transit, we will accept the item for return or exchange with proof of purchase. Without proof of purchase, the item can be exchanged only for the same item. A valid photo ID is required.
We are unable to accept any items for return or exchange without proof of purchase. Items purchased as final sale cannot be returned, exchanged or repaired.
Items must be returned to the store brand where the purchase originated or by mail (if the item was ordered online or by phone and received by mail). Purchases made outside the U.S. may only be returned to the purchase location.