Prices and availability are subject to change from the time and date that you print this page.
5/25/2013 3:48:30 PM. For Customer Service, please call 800.967.6696
February Teapot by Yellena James
Thanks for your enthusiastic response. We have sold out of our February Yellena James Teapot already. Check back on March 1st for our Bee Things teapot.
Working primarily in pen and ink combined with opaque watercolors, Portland, Oregon-based artist Yellena James's complex style is focused on quality of line and harmony of elements. Intrigued by microscopic worlds, her multilayered compositions are full of intimately detailed elements that "morph into beautifully chaotic organic structures." In bringing her imaginary world to the elegant simplicity of the Bauhaus-inspired Arzberg teapot, Yellena hopes "you will find joy in turning it around, following the movement of elements that flow together and dance along its contour."
The Arzberg Teapot has been a Crate and Barrel classic since the day we first opened our doors 50 years ago on December 7, 1962. Inspired by the Bauhaus school, its perfectly simple shape was designed in 1931 for the Arzberg porcelain factory in Germany. A young college student by the name of Gordon Segal first bought the teapot as a birthday present for his mother who loved making tea in the afternoon. When he opened the very first Crate and Barrel store in Chicago with his wife, Carole, he bought it again. And again. And again. In a 12-month celebration of our 50th anniversary year, we have invited 12 international designers to envision the Arzberg teapot as their artistic canvas. Each is a limited-edition collector's item, numbered and signed by the artist.
Details and Dimensions
50th Anniversary Arzberg Teapot-February by Yellena James. 5.75" dia. x 6"H
- Limited-edition release of 200
- Purchase online only
- Limit one per customer
- Packaged in a special collector's box crafted of FSC-certified pine wood
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
- Pure porcelain
- Dishwasher- and microwave-safe
- Made in Germany
Overall DimensionsHeight: 6" Diameter: 5.75"
We will accept merchandise returns of non-Furniture Collection items at our stores within 90 days of customer receipt. Please understand, however, that bedding items may be returned or exchanged only if in their original packaging. Furthermore, Outlet purchases may only be returned to an Outlet store. All other Crate and Barrel non-Furniture Collection merchandise may be returned to any other Crate and Barrel store (excluding Outlets) or by mail (if such item was ordered online or by phone and received by mail).
Depending on the nature of the return/exchange and the presence of an original receipt or packing slip, we will issue an appropriate credit or refund in one of the following ways:
- If accompanied by the Original Sales Receipt or Packing Slip, the item’s purchase price will be refunded in the Original Form of Tender. (See below for limit as to cash issued at time of return.)
- If accompanied by an Original Gift Receipt, the item’s purchase price will be refunded via a Shop Card.
- If an Original Sales or Gift Receipt is not present, the item’s current retail price will be refunded via a Shop Card. Valid photo ID is required for store returns without an Original Sales or Gift Receipt.
- For store returns of cash purchases accompanied by the Original Sales Receipt, a cash refund will be given up to $100. If the purchase exceeds $100, a check in the amount of the balance of the refund will be mailed to the customer.
Please note: Shop Cards and Gift Cards are valid for Crate and Barrel, Land of Nod and CB2 purchases and are not redeemable or subject to exchange for cash or a cash equivalent, except as required by applicable law.