Prices and availability are subject to change from the time and date that you print this page.
7/25/2016 10:37:22 PM
For Customer Service, please call 800.967.6696
Order Rug Swatch
The exploration of world cultures has been a common thread in the life and career of textile designer Barbara Costas. Costas learned to weave and handprint textiles while attending the University of Michigan where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Asian studies.
Her travels through Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, India and southeast Asia at 20 years old proved to be equally pivotal in shaping her design aesthetic. “The colors and patterns I saw in these cultures awakened everything in my life,” Costas says. “To me, the textiles carried a living spirit and human touch.”
Costas began her design career in the ‘80s, handpainting silk fabrics in New York for eveningwear designers before exploring bedding, upholstery and fabric design in the retail world. Working both by hand and digitally with textile software, which she studied at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, Costas likes to deconstruct historic patterns to their geometric DNA. “At that level they become universal shapes,” Costas says. “Direct and clean, they become more about energy and less about decoration.”
Now living and working from her studio in historic Oak Park, Illinois, Costas need not look far for inspiration, from her pinup wall papered with swatches and evocative images to the light-filtering trees outside her windows and local fashion she spots on public transportation.
Everything you need.
Keep it looking its best.
You've put a lot of care into choosing your furnishings. And with continued care at home, they should share your address for many years to come. Now for your owner's manual...
- Professional cleaning recommended.
- Clip, do not pull, if snagging occurs.
- Not for use over carpeting without appropriate rug pad.
- For the first two to three months, additional vacuuming may be
- necessary to manage the normal shedding that occurs.
- Vacuum regularly without the beater bar turned on (or on highest
- pile setting).
- Rug pad recommended to prevent slipping, to prevent color transfer
- to carpeting or floors, to protect the finish on varnished floors,
- and to protect the rug from heavy furniture.
- Blot spills immediately with clean, dry cloth.
- Rotate periodically to ensure even wear.
What you need to know.
We will accept returns and exchanges of non-furniture items if:
- Non-furniture items are returned within 90 days of customer receipt.
- A valid proof of purchase is provided (see below).
- Non-furniture items are returned in good condition—unused and unwashed.
If you discover an item has a manufacturer’s defect or was damaged during transit, we will accept the item for return or exchange with proof of purchase. Without proof of purchase, the item can be exchanged only for the same item. A valid photo ID is required.
We are unable to accept any items for return or exchange without proof of purchase. Items purchased as final sale cannot be returned, exchanged or repaired.
Items must be returned to the store brand where the purchase originated or by mail (if the item was ordered online or by phone and received by mail). Purchases made outside the U.S. may only be returned to the purchase location.