Prices and availability are subject to change from the time and date that you print this page.
7/22/2014 11:21:41 PM. For Customer Service, please call
Shun® Classic 3.5" Paring Knife
This amazing razor-sharp knife is created in Seki City, Japan's 700-year-old center for samurai swords. The "ripple" Damascus rust-free finish is achieved by forging 16 layers of steel on each side. Flexible, stick-resistant blade is stamped, hand-ground to an exceptional 16-degree angle, then hand-polished.
More Shun® available via special order. Please contact your local store.
- 32 total layers of high-carbon stainless steel
- Blade has a 16 degree edge angle
- Rust- and stain-proof
- Ergonomic PakkaWood "D" handle
- Hand wash only
- Do not use to cut through bone
- Only cut on wood or plastic cutting boards; never cut on stone, metal or glass
- Shun® sharpening services available. View program details.form.
- Made in Japan
Receive a free gift when you purchase the minimum qualifying amount of Shun cutlery in a single transaction. Use this form now through 1/31/2015.
Purchase $299 or more in Shun Cutlery and receive a pair of Shun Shears.
Purchase $399 or more in Shun Cutlery and receive a Shun Hinoki Cutting Board.
Purchase $499 or more in Shun Cutlery and receive a Shun Knife and Board Set.
We will accept merchandise returns of non-Furniture Collection items at our stores within 90 days of customer receipt. Please understand, however, that bedding items may be returned or exchanged only if in their original packaging. Furthermore, Outlet purchases may only be returned to an Outlet store. All other Crate and Barrel non-Furniture Collection merchandise may be returned to any other Crate and Barrel store (excluding Outlets) or by mail (if such item was ordered online or by phone and received by mail).
Depending on the nature of the return/exchange and the presence of an original receipt or packing slip, we will issue an appropriate credit or refund in one of the following ways:
- If accompanied by the Original Sales Receipt or Packing Slip, the item’s purchase price will be refunded in the Original Form of Tender. (See below for limit as to cash issued at time of return.)
- If accompanied by an Original Gift Receipt, the item’s purchase price will be refunded via a Shop Card.
- If an Original Sales or Gift Receipt is not present, the item’s current retail price will be refunded via a Shop Card. Valid photo ID is required for store returns without an Original Sales or Gift Receipt.
- For store returns of cash purchases accompanied by the Original Sales Receipt, a cash refund will be given up to $100. If the purchase exceeds $100, a check in the amount of the balance of the refund will be mailed to the customer.
Please note: Shop Cards and Gift Cards are valid for Crate and Barrel, Land of Nod and CB2 purchases and are not redeemable or subject to exchange for cash or a cash equivalent, except as required by applicable law.
More about returns and exchanges
Shun® Classic 3.5 Paring Knife is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 4 out of 5
from nice knife, but overpriced I've had this knife for about 6 months now and while it's a great knife, it really doesn't get a lot of use. The edge is quite sharp, but for some reason I've found that this knife doesn't retain its edge as well as my chef's knife. Also, for a knife that gets such little use, it's tough to justify the cost. I'm not sure I'd recommend this knife to someone unless they needed/wanted it to round out their Shun set.
Date published: 2014-05-27
Rated 4 out of 5
from Like a knife through butter I've struggled with sub-par knives all my life. I finally too the plunge and paid the money for a quality knife and I couldn't be happier. This knife is fantastic. It's unbelievably sharp and works perfectly. The grip is comfortable even for a novice like myself. I highly recommend this knife.
Date published: 2012-04-24
Rated 5 out of 5
from Edgy My wife hates my collection of Shun knives for the simple fact that they are so sharp! I purchased this paring knife 30 days ago, and use it every time I need to shave my vegetables or cut anything with fine detail.I had a choice between the all metal handle and the wooden handle, and decided on the metal, since it's a single piece and there's not opportunity for grit build up in the handle region.All around excellent tool for any chef....and eventually my wife =.)
Date published: 2011-08-18
Rated 5 out of 5
from Shun Knives are the Best My husband and I went into C&B 3 or 4 times before we decided on which knives to buy. We bought this one and another Shun chefs knife. We probably use this one everyday. LOVE IT!!
Date published: 2011-08-16
Rated 5 out of 5
from Excellent handle for small hands I love my Shun knives. I am a petite person with small hands. I find many knives to be heavy to handle. Shun's smaller ergonomic handles are just the perfect size for balance and stability. The knives are sharp and easy to care for.
Date published: 2009-05-27