Prices and availability are subject to change from the time and date that you print this page.
9/5/2015 2:02:22 AM
For Customer Service, please call 800.967.6696
London-based designer Bethan Gray's sleek curves flare out to invite you in to this affordable furniture collection for small rooms and apartments. A textured, linen-blend weave hugs every turn of the chair's graceful tight back and plush seat with a kidney pillow to support your lower back.
Pennie's tapered legs, designed by Gray who was named Best British Designer 2013 by the British Design Awards, are made of solid white oak. Pennie Chair is a Crate and Barrel exclusive.
- Designed by Bethan Gray
- Frame is made with a certified sustainable solid wood and engineered hardwood
- Sinuous wire spring and synthetic web suspension systems
- High-resiliency, high-density foam and polyfiber back and seat cushions
- Fiber-down blend kidney pillow encased in downproof ticking
- Solid white oak legs with clear lacquer finish
- Material origin: see swatch
- Made in China
More Pennie Living Room Furniture
London-based Bethan Gray can trace her love of natural materials and appreciation for thoughtful design and craftsmanship to her Welsh roots. Her great-great grandmother defied nineteenth-century convention to become a cabinetmaker, while her grandfather worked as a forester and would make small, carved objects for her as a child. Favoring naturally luxurious materials, such as leather, marble and wood, her designs are reflective of her personal history and strongly tied to traditional Welsh culture and craft.
The founder of Bethan Gray Design was first discovered at the prestigious New Designers show in London and has since earned numerous accolades, including the British Design Guild Mark for Excellence. Helping to educate and inspire young designers, Gray is a visiting lecturer at Central Saint Martins in London.
Her designs—warm and contemporary, timeless and elegant—are shaped by the constant source of inspiration she finds in her adopted hometown of London, and on her travels abroad. “London is a vibrant city and creatively exciting—from the art and design exhibitions to the diverse architecture and people,” she says. “But I also love to escape London as often as possible to get a different perspective, culturally and geographically.” Gray documents her explorations in photographs, keeping them in her modern, airy West London studio as a visual reference for developing new ideas. Most recently, Bethan Gray was named Best British Designer by the 2013 British Design Awards.
Everything you need.
Here's more to consider.
- Scholar Round Dining Table $499.00
- Gia Chair Sale $1,019.00 reg. $1,199.00
- Sebago Chair with Cushion Sale $594.00 reg. $699.00
- Margot Sofa Sale $934.00 reg. $1,099.00
- Greer Leather Recliner Sale $1,869.00 reg. $2,199.00
- Gia Sofa Sale $1,699.00 reg. $1,999.00
- Willow Sofa Sale $1,614.00 reg. $1,899.00
- Essex Sofa with Casters Sale $1,869.00 reg. $2,199.00
- Dryden Apartment Sofa Sale $1,231.00 reg. $1,449.00
- Cavett Chair Sale $934.00 reg. $1,099.00
- Dryden Chair Sale $764.00 reg. $899.00
- Petrie Sofa Sale $1,444.00 reg. $1,699.00
What you need to know.
We will accept returns and exchanges of non-furniture items if:
- Non-furniture items are returned within 90 days of customer receipt.
- A valid proof of purchase is provided (see below).
- Non-furniture items are returned in good condition—unused and unwashed.
If you discover an item has a manufacturer’s defect or was damaged during transit, we will accept the item for return or exchange with proof of purchase. Without proof of purchase, the item can be exchanged only for the same item. A valid photo ID is required.
We are unable to accept any items for return or exchange without proof of purchase. Items purchased as final sale cannot be returned, exchanged or repaired.
Items must be returned to the store brand where the purchase originated or by mail (if the item was ordered online or by phone and received by mail). Purchases made outside the U.S. may only be returned to the purchase location.