Prices and availability are subject to change from the time and date that you print this page.
12/1/2015 2:30:19 PM
For Customer Service, please call 800.967.6696
Orecchiette Caprese Salad Recipe
Orecchiette Caprese Salad
Prep time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
1 pound assorted color cherry-size tomatoes
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Fresh cracked pepper
3 cups uncooked orecchiette
1 pound Ciliegine or cherry-size mozzarella
Sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, to taste
3 sprigs fresh basil
4 ounces fresh Parmesan, for shaving
1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts or chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Drizzle tomatoes with vinegar and 2 tbsp. oil on large rimmed baking sheet. Scatter garlic and salt over tomatoes, season with fresh cracked pepper and toss to coat.
2. Roast until tomatoes are tender and just beginning to burst, about 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, boil large pot of salted water, add pasta and cook until tender but still al dente, stirring occasionally to loosen any shells from bottom of pan.
3. Drain and return pasta immediately to pot. Drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp. oil, squeeze in juice from lemon half and stir in. Add mozzarella, stir, then add tomatoes, being careful to incorporate but not break them up too much.Season to taste.
4. Plate and serve with fresh torn basil leaves and shaved Parmesan. Scatter with pine nuts or walnuts, if desired.
More Every Bowls
Everything you need.
What you need to know.
We will accept returns and exchanges of non-furniture items if:
- Non-furniture items are returned within 90 days of customer receipt.
- A valid proof of purchase is provided (see below).
- Non-furniture items are returned in good condition—unused and unwashed.