Prices and availability are subject to change from the time and date that you print this page.
9/21/2014 2:32:16 AM. For Customer Service, please call
Shun® Classic 9" Bread Knife
This amazing razor-sharp knife is created in Seki City, Japan's 700-year-old center for samurai swords. The "ripple" Damascus rust-free finish is achieved by forging 34 layers of steel on each side. Flexible, stick-resistant blade is stamped, hand-ground to an exceptional 16-degree angle, then hand-polished.
More Shun® available via special order. Please contact your local store.
Part of the Shun® Classic 9" Bread Knife Collection
Shun® Classic Bread Knife. 9" 9"D
- 32 total layers of high-carbon stainless steel
- Blade has a 16-degree edge angle
- Rust- and stain-proof
- Ergonomic PakkaWood "D" handle
- Hand wash only
- Do not use to cut through bone
- Only cut on wood or plastic cutting boards; never cut on stone, metal or glass
- Shun® sharpening services available. View program details.form.
- Made in Japan
View the manufacturer's warranty (PDF)
Receive a free gift when you purchase the minimum qualifying amount of Shun cutlery in a single transaction. Use this form now through 1/31/2015.
Purchase $299 or more in Shun Cutlery and receive a pair of Shun Shears.
Purchase $399 or more in Shun Cutlery and receive a Shun Hinoki Cutting Board.
Purchase $499 or more in Shun Cutlery and receive a Shun Knife and Board Set.
To take advantage of the price match guarantee, call Crate and Barrel Customer Service at 800.967.6696 before making your online purchase.
Some exclusions and restrictions apply. See terms and details.
We will accept merchandise returns of non-Furniture Collection items at our stores within 90 days of customer receipt. Please understand, however, that bedding items may be returned or exchanged only if in their original packaging. Furthermore, Outlet purchases may only be returned to an Outlet store. All other Crate and Barrel non-Furniture Collection merchandise may be returned to any other Crate and Barrel store (excluding Outlets) or by mail (if such item was ordered online or by phone and received by mail).
Depending on the nature of the return/exchange and the presence of an original receipt or packing slip, we will issue an appropriate credit or refund in one of the following ways:
- If accompanied by the Original Sales Receipt or Packing Slip, the item’s purchase price will be refunded in the Original Form of Tender. (See below for limit as to cash issued at time of return.)
- If accompanied by an Original Gift Receipt, the item’s purchase price will be refunded via a Shop Card.
- If an Original Sales or Gift Receipt is not present, the item’s current retail price will be refunded via a Shop Card. Valid photo ID is required for store returns without an Original Sales or Gift Receipt.
- For store returns of cash purchases accompanied by the Original Sales Receipt, a cash refund will be given up to $100. If the purchase exceeds $100, a check in the amount of the balance of the refund will be mailed to the customer.
Please note: Shop Cards and Gift Cards are valid for Crate and Barrel, Land of Nod and CB2 purchases and are not redeemable or subject to exchange for cash or a cash equivalent, except as required by applicable law.
More about returns and exchanges
Shun® Classic 9 Bread Knife is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5
from Awesome I don't know a ton about kitchen knives but my fiance swears by these and we use ours often. It has a comfortable grip and cuts clean. We use our Shun knives for just about everything in the kitchen!
Date published: 2014-05-28
Rated 4 out of 5
from Really sharp... and expensive. I've had this bread knife for a few months now, so it's gotten a bit of use. like all Shun knives, it has the "D" shaped handle which is really comfortable to use. Also, like all Shun knives is it ridiculously sharp (I just nicked my finger while cutting a bagel and drew blood).The downside is the price. It's a great knife, but I'm not sure it's quite worth the price.I would recommend this to a friend if s/he had to have a shun, but I would also say that you could find a comparable knife at a cheaper price.
Date published: 2014-05-27
Rated 5 out of 5
from Best Bread Knife Ever! This Shun Bread Knife cuts so cleanly and easily, I feel like I am cutting through butter each time I use it.I would never switch back to any other sort of bread knife after this one.Shun delivers quality.
Date published: 2014-03-25
Rated 5 out of 5
from LOVE THESE KNIVES! We have the bread knife and the chefs knife and we ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM! They are well made and do a great job. We keep them working well with the honing steel and they are still working like new almost a year later. Would HIGHLY recommend this brand.
Date published: 2009-06-21