Prices and availability are subject to change from the time and date that you print this page.
8/29/2015 7:51:50 PM
For Customer Service, please call 800.967.6696
Pilsen Graphite Bookcase
Defined by its industrial mix of glass and steel with modern angles, Pilsen is an architectural collection with an urban edge. The clean-lined storage tower floats five glass shelves on a refined minimalist frame of rectangular iron tubing finished in sleek grey powdercoat.
Designed by Mark Daniel, the bookcase offers versatile style against a wall or floating in the center of a room. The Pilsen Graphite Bookcase is a Crate and Barrel exclusive.
- Iron tube frame with matte grey powdercoat finish
- Tempered glass shelves
- Designed and tested for use in commercial spaces
- Made in China
The discipline of architecture laid a solid foundation for Mark Daniel’s future in furniture design. With a natural curiosity for how things are made, the Chicago-based designer would build forts and model airplanes, and tinker with bikes as a boy. His affinity for structure and mechanics eventually led him to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture from Georgia Tech, with his senior year spent at the esteemed École d’Architecture-Tolbiac in Paris. It was while studying in Paris that Daniel began to explore the possibilities of furniture and product design: “I learned to appreciate that what goes into a space defines it as much as the walls that enclose that space.” Daniel practiced that philosophy while working for a diverse range of firms where he learned to approach design and fabrication from a custom perspective. During this time, he also tested the waters as an independent designer, exhibiting and selling his work in local galleries and boutiques. Eager to realize his own vision, Daniel formed Slate Design in 2001 to create modern furniture and products that are an honest expression of form and function. His team’s extensive portfolio of work favors clean, simple forms brought to life through a variety of materials, including wood, stainless steel, ceramics and blown glass.See all Mark Daniel's products
Everything you need.
Here's more to consider.
- Pearson 72" Media Console $1,499.00
- Parsons Rectangular Coffee Table with Clear Glass Top $399.00
- Echo Room Divider $1,799.00
- Sawyer Grey Leaning Desk $179.00
- Ascend II White 27" Open Storage Unit $249.00
- Anderson Bookcase $499.00
- Sawyer Grey Leaning Wine Bar $399.00
- Elevate Walnut 68" Bookcase $1,599.00
- Beckett 5-High Shelf $999.00
- Ascend II White 55" Sliding Door Storage Unit $499.00
- Knox Tall Storage Bookcase $1,299.00
- Echelon C Table $249.00
What you need to know.
We will accept returns and exchanges of non-furniture items if:
- Non-furniture items are returned within 90 days of customer receipt.
- A valid proof of purchase is provided (see below).
- Non-furniture items are returned in good condition—unused and unwashed.
If you discover an item has a manufacturer’s defect or was damaged during transit, we will accept the item for return or exchange with proof of purchase. Without proof of purchase, the item can be exchanged only for the same item. A valid photo ID is required.
We are unable to accept any items for return or exchange without proof of purchase. Items purchased as final sale cannot be returned, exchanged or repaired.
Items must be returned to the store brand where the purchase originated or by mail (if the item was ordered online or by phone and received by mail). Purchases made outside the U.S. may only be returned to the purchase location.