Prices and availability are subject to change from the time and date that you print this page.
9/2/2015 1:54:41 PM
For Customer Service, please call 800.967.6696
Avalon 45" Black Round Extension Dining Table
Avalon refines traditional 19th-century cottage styling with a sleek black finish, making it perfect for casual dining rooms. A curved pedestal base forms a streamlined silhouette that leads to a deeply recessed apron. Expandable top has easy-glide mechanism and seats up to six with the 17" leaf.
Designed by Blake Tovin of Tovin Design, the Avalon 45" Black Extension Dining Table is a Crate and Barrel exclusive.
- Designed by Blake Tovin of Tovin Design
- Oak veneer, engineered wood and solid wood base
- Black painted finish and clear polyurethane topcoat
- Seats four; six with 17" leaf
- Made in Vietnam
More Avalon Dining Tables
The desire to make and create has been engrained in Blake Tovin for as long as he can remember. “There was always a mysterious sense of satisfaction and enjoyment that came with making things, and as a kid, I was naturally attracted to that,” Tovin says. “As I grew older, I came to realize that creating things was an essential part of life for me.”
After graduating from the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, Tovin began producing handcrafted furniture and accessories for clients and galleries before broadening his reach to the international retail world of home design. He realized his own vision in 1992 when he founded Tovin Design Limited. His studio in Nyack, New York—a renovated warehouse that houses his design studio, prototype shop and gallery space—sits on the Hudson River just 20 miles north of Manhattan.
Throughout his career, Tovin has seen his work evolve, yet his approach has remained the same from the start: “I always try and reduce a design down to its essential elements, avoid ornament, concentrate on proportion and focus on materials and finishes to create products that are understated and comfortable to live with.”
Favoring the simplicity of wood, Tovin finds inspiration for his designs in visually interesting objects as profound as a great architectural detail or as mundane as a fence post. “The result is the same,” he says, “a sense of excitement about an idea that sends you to the drawing board to explore the possibilities.”
Here's more to consider.
- Cole Wood Dining Chair $99.95
- Vintner Dove Wood Dining Chair $149.00
- Vineyard Dining Chair $99.95
- Harper Black Ladder Back Wood Dining Chair $179.00
- Wolcott Extension Dining Table $699.00
- Halo Ebony Round Dining Table with 42" Glass Top $629.00
- Vintner-Willa Sand Chair Cushion $29.95
- Scholar Round Dining Table $499.00
- Village Black Wood Dining Chair $199.00
- Lowe Smoke Upholstered Dining Chair $179.00
- Winnetka Round Extension Dining Table $1,999.00
- Lowe Pewter Leather Dining Chair $199.00
What you need to know.
We will accept returns and exchanges of non-furniture items if:
- Non-furniture items are returned within 90 days of customer receipt.
- A valid proof of purchase is provided (see below).
- Non-furniture items are returned in good condition—unused and unwashed.
If you discover an item has a manufacturer’s defect or was damaged during transit, we will accept the item for return or exchange with proof of purchase. Without proof of purchase, the item can be exchanged only for the same item. A valid photo ID is required.
We are unable to accept any items for return or exchange without proof of purchase. Items purchased as final sale cannot be returned, exchanged or repaired.
Items must be returned to the store brand where the purchase originated or by mail (if the item was ordered online or by phone and received by mail). Purchases made outside the U.S. may only be returned to the purchase location.