Prices and availability are subject to change from the time and date that you print this page.
2/6/2016 4:27:32 PM
For Customer Service, please call 800.967.6696
The son of a noted industrial designer, William Welch sought out classes in furniture design and silversmithing while attending the University of Central England, now Birmingham City University. But it wasn’t until he was a graduate student at the Royal College of Art in London that Welch took true ownership of the design process. "I entered college as a designer and left as a thinking creative. My life is a continual apprenticeship to design."
According to Welch, design occurs in the details. "Everything is defined by its details, whether manmade or natural. It’s what creates personality, utility and everything that makes our lives special."
Through his firm Studio William Welch Ltd., which specializes in flatware design, Welch examines proportion, function and feel in creating clean, sculptural pieces that are ergonomic, comfortable and well-balanced. His designs have no boundaries, supplying hospitals, hotels and airlines as well as fine restaurants and homes.
Currently he is intrigued with the notion of pushing the experience of the human senses, considering how utilitarian objects such as cutlery can challenge and innovate new functional experiences.
More Miro Flatware
Everything you need.
- MAAS ® Flatware and Metal Polish $12.95
- MAAS ® Polishing Gloves $12.95
- Oregon Wine Glasses $6.95 each
- Rings Glasses $0.95 - $1.95
- 3-Ring Napkin Ring $3.95
- Tondo 3.75"-10.5" Bowls $3.95 - $36.95
- Spin Glass Hurricane Candle Holders/Vases $24.95 - $34.95
- Onslow Tray $39.95
- Set of 4 Suits Napkins $39.95
Read what people are saying.Our reviews are verified for authenticity. Learn More.
What you need to know.
We will accept returns and exchanges of non-furniture items if:
- Non-furniture items are returned within 90 days of customer receipt.
- A valid proof of purchase is provided (see below).
- Non-furniture items are returned in good condition—unused and unwashed.