Must-Have Bar Accessories
- Muddler: a pestle-like tool used to mash fresh cocktail ingredients such as herbs and citrus. Crushing the ingredients releases extra flavor to be added to drinks and bar concoctions.
- Jiggers: a small measuring device used to portion and pour liquor for mixed drinks. A shot is typically considered 1.5 ounces, but some jiggers offer measurement variations.
- Cocktail Shakers: a device into which cocktail ingredients and ice cubes go. Cover the top, shake for several seconds and pour through a strainer for an instantly chilled beverage.
- Cocktail Strainers: small, handheld sieves designed to fit the mouth of a cocktail shaker. Perforations filter out the chilled mixed drink into a serving glass while keeping the ice in the shaker.
- Whiskey Rocks: solid soapstone spheres that are frozen, then dropped in a beverage to chill it without watering it down, as ice cubes do.
- Swizzle Sticks: thin glass sticks used to stir mixed drinks or smoothe out carbonated beverages.
- Shot Pourer: a bottle stopper with a short pourer that can be popped in and out of glass bottles. The pourer reduces drips and spilling while helping you better measure your pour and giving your home bar a professional flair.
- Ice Buckets: insulated tubs to fill with ice for either bottle-chilling or for use in individual drink glasses.
- Beverage Tubs: hold a party's worth of wines, beers and sodas in a chilling ice bath.
- Coasters: a small mat or tray on which sweating drink glasses are placed to protect the bar or tabletop.