Baking Tools & Utensils
Baking Tools and Utensils
Whether you're a novice baker or a seasoned chef, you'll find all the baking tools you need for a fully-equipped kitchen. Measure dry and wet ingredients with measuring cups and spoons, and roll out doughs for pie crusts with rolling pins. Create fluffy meringues using wire whisks, and transfer freshly-baked cookies from the baking pan to cooling racks with flexible spatulas. Read on to learn about various types of baking tools and utensils.
Types of Baking Tools & Utensils
- Measuring Spoons: provide precise measurements of small volumes and quantities, usually in teaspoons or tablespoons.
- Measuring Cups: provide precise measurements of larger volumes and quantities, such as cups and quarts. Measuring cups are available for both dry goods and liquids.
- Spatulas: stir ingredients and scrape the sides of bowls
Turners: aid in removing baked goods, such as cookies, from baking sheets.
- Rolling Pins: roll smooth, even layers of dough for pastries, breads and more.
- Whisks: aerate, stir and blend both wet and dry ingredients together to remove lumps in mixtures.
- Sifters and Strainers: Sieve and aerate flour, strain liquids and sauces, and dust sugar onto baked goods.
- Baking Mats: provide a non-stick surface for preparing doughs. They can also be placed on baking sheets for easy cooking and cleanup.
- Cookie Cutters, Presses and Stamps: create uniform shapes and indentations for cookies.
- Pastry Tools: icing spatulas, pastry cutters and pastry blenders aid in preparing cookies, cakes, pies and other desserts.